Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Potty Training - survivor's guide

What a stressful week it has been. Excited about the prospect of sending Adam to a playgroup next month, I'm giving him the crash course on potty training. To add more spice into the stress soup, Z is making me responsible of his tax matters, due end of the week! Great...just great..ho hum!

To be fair, Adam is a fast learner. He relishes the colourful printed pants he is wearing now. "You tell mummy when you wanna go to toilet ok?" He would run around and nod his head at that. The first two days was ok, no accidents. But you just know it was coming when you've had it so good right..it's okay, it was expected..in fact I read that it can take months before it becomes accident-free. Now it has come to the fourth day, my exzema is playing up a bit due to the increased contact with water. Told Adam, this morning you just have to wear diapers for a few hours ok...he wailed!! He wants his pants, his trips to the toilet...waaaaaa!

I'm saving the environment, no more disposable diapers for Adam..
Ok, maybe just for going out and at night when he sleeps
He's going to the playgroup, meeting new friends
Gonna have free mornings all by myself
Something I'm looking forward to
So stick to the plan now T
Give Adam his potty
Let him be
Happy

No comments: