Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Friend in Need indeed???

To help or not to help, I'm in a dilemma. This ex-schoolmate M, whom I have hardly any contact since aeons ago suddenly text me for help last week. Turned out she is in L, with no place to stay and suddenly remembered that yours truly have friends there.

What made it creepy was the way she chose her words..she claimed that she sent me a text earlier and I must have missed it, but she still need my contacts...aahh! Unless my reliable Nokia has gone bonkers or my service provider is risking their business by not delivering her said text, I did NOT get an earlier text from her! It's just a ploy to get me feel "sorry for missing a call for help" and now help me..help me eventhough you have only met me once in the last 15 years! Help me because you've told fancy stories of your time here with your wonderful friends.. help me, because you can.

I laid low, partly because my prepaid credit is nearly zilch and my instinct is telling me this is not right. Something about this call for help is bugging me. Unfortunately, the strings of my heart are pulled and I thought ok, let's help her find lodging at least.

Several emails to my trusted friends and I managed to get lil N and possibly K to help M. So that's that then...noooooo!!! Another text from M today..and she pulled the same trick again...I must have missed your calls, please give me your contacts.. Groundhog Day all over again!!!! I thought, what happen to N and K? My guess is, they both called but M is afraid to answer all those calls coz she have not given her number to anybody else but moi ? Could it be that she miss those calls made by others but thought it was from me coz somewhere along the strange international mobile network, numbers calling from out of the country morphed to be from her local area??? Shucks! Why do I bother in the first place??

A friend told me, she can only take M in small doses..nice way of putting it. I'm going to bed and pretend this is just a bad dream. Good nite moon!

No comments: