Friday, July 27, 2007

Just do it

The NIKE tagline is just apt. I could not agree more..put on your shoes, go out and play kinda thing. Last Wednesday was a little breakthrough for me, driving out of my little town to TM2 ( scary but true ) It made me think back, why was I afraid to drive out in the first place?

Dear friend Nu was ever so worried, she kept calling me to make sure I arrive at her house safely. My little son skipped his playgroup to follow me, he was ever so quiet as I told him " mommy has to concentrate on driving dear, if you make a sound, we may not reach Aunt Nu's hse" Poor guy was so obedient, bless him. Told him to look out for Jusco on the left, just a little task to keep him occupied.

The journey started just after 10am, we weaved through the unfamiliar roads with ease. Spotting the turnoff before Jusco, A called out in good time, "Mom, Jusco!" We turned into a straight but badly tarred road leading to a hill. Not sure whether it was the right road, we stopped and called Nu. Thankfully it is an alternative route, the one she seldom use but still we could get to her house albeit a little further. Turned out that the left turn we were supposed to take was at the end of Jusco, and not the front part of the building...nevermind.

As we drove along the hilltop, my son was already smiling and holding my arm. Sometimes he does that, manja or what! Told him to count the number of traffic lights, cause we need to turn left on the 2nd one. He kept asking if we are there yet (remind me of those summer movies where kids are bored at the back of the car..) Not too long now, you keep still ya..he was quite excited when I told him Aunt Nu's children have lots of toys to share..

When we finally reached Nu's, we parked and toke some Kek Lapis and Choc for buah tangan. Nu was a gracious host, having prepared coffee and roti kaya for me and spaghetti for lunch! We chatted away while our sons play and watch Spiderman. Time flies when you are having fun, suddenly it was already 2pm. Hubby called and was glad I drove alright but remind me to get back before the traffic gets heavy. A was not so keen to go back, threw a tantrum so I whisked him off with some candy . Said our goodbyes and promised to keep in touch. I drove back feeling more confident. While A was asleep in the car, I told myself, that was not too bad at all...must do this again. So Nu, my dear friend, till next time!

No comments: